||Yamaha YAS-203||Great bass quality From sub woofer, Crisp Treble, Clear Mid Ranges, Air surround, Mobile Blue tooth, AMP||Mid-Range||Learn More Here!|
||Yamaha YAS105||High quality sound, Blue tooth compatible, Small foot print||High-End||Learn More Here!|
||Roth Bar 3||Touch Panel, Wireless, Good quality sound with a subwoofer and affordable||Affordable||Learn More Here!|
Top 3 – Best Sound Bars For Under £200
Some of the higher end sound bars easily exceed the £1000 mark, that doesn’t mean to say that you can’t invest in a decent sound bar for any less.
In this article I have rounded up 3 of the best sound bars for under £200.00. While some of the models lack some of the more advanced features you would get in the higher end models, they still pack a decent punch and would still give you a superior sound than your typical flat screen TV speakers.
It is a question I am regularly asked; what is the best soundbar under £200? A cheap and cheerful option is perfect if you are on a tight budget but want a decent alternative to your TV’s native speakers. If you are anything like me and have a keen interest in gaming consoles and movies, then you will want good sound that brings you in on the action as opposed to sitting outside of it and observing it.
Yamaha YAS-203 Review – Number 1
The Yamaha The YSP-2500 (learn more here!) has made it to the number 1 position in the Best Sound Bar Of 2015 post and a Yamaha is number 1 and number 3 for this post too. The YAS-203 is our number 1 sound bar you can get for under £200 and here are the reasons why;
- Exceedingly good bass quality by using the Advanced Bass Extension Processing, surrounding you in high resolution, deep and powerful bass
- The YAS-203 produces loud, expansive and ultra clear sound
- Wireless sub woofer for added deep bass without the hassle of tidying cables
- Slim and sleek design which has a small physical footprint and looks tidy in front or under a TV
- Air Surround Extreme feature provides a virtual surround sound feel with a rich, cohesive sound placement with all different types of audio, from movies, to gaming to sport and music. Surround yourself in high quality, clear sound
- Easy to operate mobile app for iOS and Android to control the settings and sound quality while enjoying your movies, games or music
- The sound bar itself contains a high quality, premium digital amp and 2 x 5.5cm cone speakers giving you optimal sound which is clear and concise
- A high powered sub woofer which is 16cm backed by a large magnet to produce a deep yet a smooth bass – it really will bring the movies that you watch to life so you feel part of it
- Clear Voice feature enhances and increases the volume when dialogue is active controlling the remaining sound quality. Exclusive to Yamaha technology, this feature enables audio to be crisp and clear – can be switch on and off depending on the type of media that is playing
- Automatic standby mode to conserve power when nothing is playing and easily switched on
- Bluetooth technology allowing for streaming audio right from your smart phone or wireless device so you can enjoy optimal sound quality from any device making The YSP-2500 a wireless HiFi system
- IR repeater function, so if The YSP-2500 is sat in front of your TV, it will repeat the signal from your remote to your TV
A bargain of a price point for a very good sound bar, The YSP-2500 has some great features with very good sound quality. Able to stream music from Bluetooth devices, delivery a high quality, deep bass and with crisp, clear audible voices; The YSP-2500 is a premium sound bar at an economic price.
The best of the bunch by far!
Yamaha YAS-105 Review – Number 2
Another very good Yamaha sound bar, The YAS-105 is a good buy at a decent price point. As far as entry level sound bars go, you will be hard pushed to find any better than The YAS-105. Here are some of its best features;
- Sound bar containing two 6.5cm cone speakers partnering with the dual driver 7.5cm cone sub woofer all powered by a digital amplifier giving you a total of 120 watts of high quality sound
- Advanced Bass Extension process delivering an amazing feel of deep yet smooth bass in the surround mode
- Exclusive to Yamaha The Air Surround Xtreme provides an impacting 7.1-channel surround sound in a premium quality
- Compatible with Dolby Surround Sound and DTS Digital Surround sound giving you a true cinematic experience
- Free application for the iOS and Android to control The YAS-105 right from your smart phone
- Stream music and video audio from your smart phone directly to the high quality speakers
- Another Yamaha exclusive, The Music Enhancer delivers the ultimate in depth and clarity to the music you play
- Automatic on/off with the Bluetooth standby mode
- IR Repeater in case The YAS-105 blocks the signal from your remote to your TV
- Clear voice feature for clear voice and dialogues
A very good number 2, a few features behind The YSP-2500 but still packs a powerful punch in terms of sound quality. It has some very good features for the price it comes in at and is a good buy for an affordable sound bar.
Roth Bar 3 Sound Bar Review – Number 3
A British manufacturer, Roth, The Bar 3. Winner of The AV Forums Best Buy award and it certainly proves to be a very good sound bar for a decent price point. While it doesn’t have the HDMI or ARC inputs, it still serves to be a very good product with great sound quality, a good set of features and it looks good. Here are some of its features;
- Bright display panel which can also be dimmed or switched off
- Bluetooth connectivity allowing for streaming of music from Bluetooth enabled disabled devices such as smart phones and tablets
- Handy and easy to use remote control which gives you all the quick functions you would need
- Decent quality audio output even with the lack of a HDMI connection
- 4 High quality mid range drivers
- 2 high frequency, clear tweeters
- A good quality wireless sub woofer to provide that much needed bass
Another good quality sound bar. It does not include some of the features The YSP-2500 or The YAS-103 does, but it is at a lower price point. For a budget sound bar, The Bar 3 is a decent option.