|Yamaha YSP 2500||Amazing 5.1 surround sound feel, Intelli Beam function, Wireless sub woofer, Sleek & slim design, Infra red repeater, Nifty smart phone app||High-End||Learn More Here!|
|Sony HT NT3||Great sound quality, Wireless Sub woofer, Dolby TrueHD sound||Mid-Range||Learn More Here!|
|Sony HTCT770||Good sound quality along with S-Force Pro, 1 touch NFC & Bluetooth, SongPal smartphone app||Mid-Range||Learn More Here!|
echo do_shortcode(‘‘ );
Which Is The Best Sound Bar ?
As mentioned on the home page, with televisions becoming thinner and thinner we find ourselves losing the sound quality. There is only so much space left inside the TV, most of the resources would be dedicated to the picture quality. Lets face it most of us would buy the TV initially on the picture quality, and the sound quality would come second.
To appreciate and to experience a movie or a sports event, having high quality picture at 1080p is certainly a very important factor. Without good picture, you simply cannot fully appreciate the action sequences in a blockbuster movie or be part of that truly amazing goal.
The same goes for sound, while many of us have settled for the sub-acceptable sound quality that TV speakers have given us, however, those of us who do truly appreciate good cinema or just good TV viewing experience have invested in a sound bar.
A sound bar doesn’t need to be super expensive, once you have one you will wonder how you ever lived without it. They are great in the sense that, they will not only enhance the sound of your TV, but can also function as a Bluetooth, wireless speaker for your phone, tablet or any other wireless device.
If you have a projector, then having a sound bar is crucial as (in most cases) it will be the only source of sound you will get.
So back to the original question, what is the best sound bar?
The Top 3 Sound Bars Of 2015
Yamaha YSP-2500 Review – Number 1
If there is an electronic manufacturing company that know their sound, its Yamaha! When it comes to sound bars, Yamaha does excel above many others. The YSP-2500 (learn more here!) delivers full clear and impact-full sound that stretches around the room giving you the full feel of movies, TV, sports and games that you are watching. Here are some of the reasons that has made The YSP-2500 our number 1 sound bar;
- Sound surrounds the room beyond the sound bar itself very well giving you the true feel of surround sound without lingering cables
- Rich and powerful bass tones that you can feel and bring you in on the action in the movie or game and help you feel the experience rather than just watching it
- Very close to a 5.1 surround sound in the way The YSP-2500 directs sound around the room
- IntelliBeam function optimises the sound further to match the size of your room
- Wireless sub woofer bring you amazing bass which is powerful enough so you can feel it bringing you into the movie
- Sleek and slim design to a very high quality finish
- 16 individual speakers reside behind the grill, each driven by its own allocated 2 watt of amp power – used to “beam” and “bounce” sound around the room
- 3 HDMI inputs for instant high resolution sound
- Bright and readable display for instant feedback
- Infra red repeater in case The YSP-2500 blocks your TV remote signal
- Microphone included to feedback the sound so The YSP-2500 can calibrate itself
- Set up the microphone to where you would normally sit in the room, The YSP-2500 will give you 10 seconds to leave the room while it calibrates itself to optimum output
- Smart phone app for easy setting at your finger tips
- Targeting mode – if you are sitting to one side of the room, The YSP-2500 is able to “project” the sound in your direction so you can appreciate it better – this is ideal if you live in an open plan room and you are watching TV while cooking in the kitchen or if someone is sleeping next door, then you can have the sound focussed on you instead of having it bouncing around the room
A very clever and powerful sound bar from Yamaha, The YSP-2500 is a premium sound system. It is almost a cross over from the sound bar category to the sound system category. While delivering a good amount of power, The YSP-2500 also has some clever features like the microphone and sound calibration, so it actually measures the sound around your room in order to deliver the highest audio quality possible.
With HDMI connectivity, IR repeater, smart phone app and a very powerful subwoofer, The YSP-2500 is one of the best sound bars available.
Sony HT-NT3 Review – Number 2
Another very well known manufacturer who know their home electronic equipment, Sony bring us The HT-NT3 sound bar. The HT-NT3 is a very good quality sound bar with Bluetooth connectivity as well as HDMI connectivity and partners up very well with its powerful sub woofer. Here are some of the reasons to buy The HT-NT3;
- Exceptional quality high resolution sounds
- Sleek, slim profile making it aesthetically pleasing in any setting
- 400 watts of power and high quality audio which you cannot go wrong with
- Built-in music streaming with Spotify Connect and Google Cast
- SongPal link enables music anywhere at anytime with wireless connectivity
- Play music directly from your smart phone or other Bluetooth enabled device directly to The HT-NT3 using its LDAC Bluetooth technology
- 2.1 Channel bring you the full action pulling you into the movie, game or sports you are watching
- Wireless subwoofer giving you amazing bass which you will be able to feel
- S-Force Pro Cinematic sound which mimics real surround sound with the use of time lag, volume and sound wave spectrum matching the way the brain correlates sound
- Dolby TrueHD sound for the way the sound should be in a movie, bringing you unmatched audio fidelity for any content you would play on it
- Slim design and premium build – made from high quality aluminium and a slick glass front which works nicely in looking a premium product and slim build to fit nicely beneath your TV for wall mounting
- DTS-HD bringing you the highest quality in clear and crisp sound from any of the content you play
- Wireless sub woofer making for a tidier set up, while compact it delivers a strong, powerful bass that will hit hard
- Multiple HDMI ports for simple and instant connectivity delivering the highest in sound quality
- USB connectivity to instantly play your audio files for lossless audio. Connecting your laptop or audio device, you will be able to play a variety of files, MP3, WMA and AAC with 192kHz sound.
A very good sound bar from Sony, The HT-NT3 has 400 watts of power, with Bluetooth connectivity, a wireless sub woofer, with the Dolby TrueHD sound and the USB connectivity and the mid-range price point – you cannot go wrong with this purchase. A very good second best to The YSP-2500 at a more affordable price point.
Sony HTCT770 Review – Number 3
Another very good sound bar from Sony. The HTCT770 is a very good entry-level sound bar for those who want good quality sound but want to keep the spending to a limit. While I said it is a good entry level sound bar, it is certainly better quality than pretty much all of the available TV’s natural sound. There are certainly cheaper options out there for sound bars, but in my opinion, you get what you pay for and with The HTCT770, you get some very good features along with high quality audio. Here are some of the best features of the The HTCT770;
- 2.1 Channel sound bringing you inside of what you are watching rather than sitting outside
- No messy cables for the wireless sub woofer which can be hidden or tucked away under the table
- 4 Individual sound drivers to deliver the best in virtual surround sound
- 330 watts power delivering great power in audio surround sound
- 3 HDMI inputs giving you ultra clear high resolution sound quality
- Wireless and powerful sub woofer to give you high quality bass which compliments the sound bar exceptionally well
- NFC and Bluetooth connectivity
- 3D virtual sound giving you a natural and realistic feel
- S-Force Pro front surround
- SongPal smartphone app to control the speakers and access online music
A very good sound bar for a lower price point, The HTCT770 delivers some great features like wireless sub woofer, Bluetooth connectivity, HDMI inputs and Bluetooth connectivity you will definitely get your money’s worth.